An efficient use of AUTOSAR must take this into account at all stages of the development process.
AUTOSAR is a complex standard that defines architecture, methodology and exchange format for distributed development of automotive ECUs. It supports a wide variety of use cases and is jointly maintained and developed by more than 200 partners.
When integrating ECUs, the complexity does not come from implementing wrapper or adapter code, but the configuration from which middleware code is automatically generated.
We combine for you profound AUTOSAR knowledge and the know-how of Validas in the areas of qualification & testing, test automation and tool configuration and usage. Thus, we can help you with projects in the AUTOSAR environment with experience and services from a single source to solve your problems in pre-series and series projects:
- Qualification and testing of AUTOSAR relevant software, e.g.
- Application Software (SWCs and Adaptive Applications)
- single Basic Software Modules (BSW) or Adaptive Platform Clusters
- RTE generators
- entire AUTOSAR stacks
- Guideline based checks of AUTOSAR configurations
- Early detection and removal of errors in Software Component configuration and Basic Software configuration for integration
We have been active in AUTOSAR projects for customers for over 10 years and since 2009 additionally as an independent development partner in the AUTOSAR committee. We not only represent clients in the Work Packages of the Classic Platform, but also in the Feature Teams of the Adaptive Platform development.
Qualification and Testing
Based on AUTOSAR, both QM and safety-relevant software are developed. For this, AUTOSAR offers basic tools to support the development of safe software (e.g. Watchdog, E2E Protection).
However, safe software also needs special aspects that AUTOSAR cannot provide. This includes:
- Internal development processes
- Implementation guidelines
- Complete SW design
We can help close this gap through qualification and testing.
How we support you
- Creation of a test strategy, e.g. with coverage measurement over code or AUTOSAR XML configuration
- Specification of tool tests
- Generation of test cases with reference values
- Test execution at Validas, the software manufacturer or as QKit at the end customer
- Compliance reports
- Independent tests
- Test prioritization from the point of view of functional safety
- Check of the tests with respect to completeness
- Usage of software as SEooC possible
Software integration in AUTOSAR is achieved by “glueing together” of interfaces, but by creating an XML configuration of the Basic Software. These XML configurations are unwieldy, monolithic and difficult to maintain. Small changes can cause the integration to fail.
How we support you
- Configuration profiles are created based on the modules to be integrated
- From this, a set of rules is realized in an independent representation.
- An automated continuous integration server, such as Jenkins, executes the rules for configuration on the input artifacts and thereby takes over the configuration and integration.
- The results are checked for consistency using a guideline checker.
- The implementation of the integration is now automated.
- Frequent releases of the Software Components do not require complex manual integration with a complex configuration of the Basic Software every time.
- Errors in the Software Components or the Basic Software configuration are detected earlier.
- Changes to the configuration can be imported into several projects and variants with little effort.
Representation in the AUTOSAR Partnership
Both the Classic and the Adaptive Platform of the AUTOSAR standard continue to evolve. Current enhancements and changes to the standard are less transparent for companies that are not actively involved in the discussions of the respective working groups and often only become apparent after the release.
Tried-and-tested processes allow high quality standards in the further development of the standard, but also generate overhead in the daily work and require a thorough initial training at the beginning.
How we support you
- Representation in Classic Platform Work Packages and Adaptive Platform Feature Teams
- Representing customer interests in discussions
- Further development of the standard through concepts in the AUTOSAR process
- You benefit from our experience and networking in the committee
- Long-term influence on the development of AUTOSAR
- Synchronization of internal development and further development of the standard